I'd like to move or transfer home

If you wish to transfer a tenancy, would like to exchange your home with another tenant or are moving on then there a few things you need to do.

Ending your tenancy

If you would like to move out of your property, you must give us four weeks’ notice in writing from a Monday (if you pay your rent weekly). Your four weeks’ notice will begin on the Monday following us receiving your completed form. During this four week period we will arrange to carry out a pre-termination inspection. To terminate your tenancy, please contact us on 03333 204555 or visit our reception at Sumner House, Leyland or Jubilee House, Lytham St Annes.

Download a tenancy termination form.

When you move out

  • Remove all your personal belongings and ensure the property is clean
  • Settle outstanding bills for your rent, council tax, water and any other services you use
  • Read all the meters and send a copy of the recordings to the energy suppliers (make sure you keep a copy for your own records)
  • Lock doors and windows and return all keys to Jubilee House or Sumner House or send your keys to us via recorded delivery

There are also some other ways which a tenancy could end - read more here.